Minor Injury Lawyer
Written by Joseph A. Nagy
Call Me Before Settling with the Insurance Company
My name is Joseph A. Nagy, and I am an experienced minor injury lawyer (soft tissue injury lawyer). My Edmonton injury law firm serves central and northern Alberta. We specialize in injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents.
You may have been told by an insurance company that your injury is minor and therefore subject to Alberta’s Minor Injury Regulation. As an example, the compensation you receive for a whiplash injury can be “capped” based on that regulation. My advice is to never accept the advice of anyone, including your insurance company, until you have discussed your minor injury with an experienced Alberta minor injury lawyer.
Table of Contents
Thank you both for all your help
By definition, a minor injury or soft tissue injury is a sprain, strain, or whiplash-associated disorder to a muscle, tendon or ligament. Another word for these injuries is “musculoskeletal” injuries. Minor injuries are also called “soft tissue” injuries.
If you suffer from a minor injury as the result of a motor vehicle accident, you need to protect yourself. Call Joseph A. Nagy. Edmonton Injury lawyer!
No! Do not settle your case just because you have been told that your injury is a minor injury. Contact me, Joseph A. Nagy, Edmonton minor injury lawyer , first.
Minor injury cases are regularly litigated. Speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer can help you obtain an early settlement and avoid lengthy protracted litigation. Speaking with an experienced minor injury lawyer can also mean the difference between a four-figure and a six-figure settlement!
- See my blog: TMD Is Not a Minor Injury to understand why specific injuries such as temporomandibular joint injury (TMJ) and chronic pain do not fall under this category.
- Evidence of a neurological impairment is an indicator that your injury is not, by definition, minor.
- Numbness and tingling in your arms, hands, fingers, or even sciatica, is often mistaken for whiplash.
- A bulged or herniated disc or a nerve root encroachment in the spinal cord is separate and distinct from a simple whiplash injury.
- An annular tear in one of the many discs in your spine is not a minor whiplash or musculoskeletal injury.
If an extensive course of physical therapy is not helping to heal your soft tissue injuries, chances are that your soft tissue injury is not minor. Further medical investigation may be required (such as an MRI) to properly diagnose your injury. You should consult an experienced injury lawyer to make sure you receive proper compensation.
I know from my experience as an Edmonton minor injury lawyer that involving qualified medical and other personal injury experts to evaluate your injuries can be crucial in getting you the compensation you deserve.