Edmonton Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Written by Joseph A. Nagy
I am Joseph A. Nagy, and I am an experienced traumatic brain injury lawyer, located in Edmonton and serving central and northern Alberta.
I work with top-notch scientific, medical, and other personal injury experts to prove damages in case involving traumatic brain injuries (TBI cases).
I specialize in injuries from all types of motor vehicle accidents.
I know from experience that individuals with mild traumatic brain injuries (MTBIs) sometimes fail to recognize their symptoms. For cases involving a severe traumatic brain injury, I involve my team of personal injury experts. That may include referrals to one or more of the many medical experts on my team, such as a neuropsychologist, neurologist, psychiatrist, or neurosurgeon. Learn more about my team of personal injury experts and how I use them to help my clients.
Table of Contents
- understand what you are going through
- be ready to help you through every stage of the legal process
- have a team of scientific, medical, and personal injury experts to prove your damages
- know whether insurance companies are offering you fair compensation
- fight to win you the maximum possible fair compensation
- have the financial resources to help you until your case is resolved.
Protect yourself. Call Joseph A. Nagy. Edmonton Injury lawyer!To learn more about how Joe can help you, read the Top 5 Reasons to Hire an Edmonton Injury Lawyer by Joseph A. Nagy.
A traumatic brain injury can be caused by a rapid acceleration/deceleration force. Motor vehicle accidents, including rear end collisions, T-bone accidents, and rollovers, can result in traumatic brain injuries. A strike to the head may cause a brain injury without a skull fracture.
A traumatic brain injury or TBI is an injury to the brain that affects how it normally works. A TBI is often caused by a sudden trauma or blow to the head, such as occurs in motor vehicle accidents. Traumatic brain injuries can result in severe, long-term disabilities. Ask for a free consultation with an injury lawyer if you have suffered a TBI.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) range in severity from mild to catastrophic. The severity of a TBI is typically classified based on combinations of:
- duration of unconsciousness
- the Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS) score; GCS measures eye opening, verbal response, and motor response
- duration of post-traumatic amnesia
- and sometimes, the results of neuroimaging.
- memory loss
- poor concentration
- personality disorder
- motor impairments
- speech impairments
- sexual dysfunction.