Edmonton Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer
Written by Joseph A. Nagy, Edmonton Injury Lawyer
I am Joseph A. Nagy, and I am an experienced drunk driver accident lawyer. In my Edmonton personal injury law practice, I have represented hundreds of injury victims of drunk driver accidents. My firm, Joseph A. Nagy Injury Law deals exclusively with injuries from motor vehicle accidents. We serve clients in central and northern Alberta. If you were injured or know of someone injured or killed due to a drunk driver, contact me, Joseph A. Nagy, for help and to obtain specific legal advice early.
I can provide you with the legal advice you need to:
- protect your rights
- be sure the insurance companies treat you fairly
- maximize your recovery.
7 Steps to Find the Best Car Accident Lawyer in Edmonton
Follow my 7 steps to find the best car accident lawyer in Edmonton — the injury lawyer who is right for you.Learn more ...
- Alberta laws regarding drunk driving
- available compensation if the driver leaves the accident scene
- how to investigate and assess evidence in police reports, eyewitness accounts, etc.
- how to prove fault
- how to get fair compensation from insurance companies.
- Alberta’s Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Program on claims up to $200,000 (property damage isn’t covered)
- a possible SEF 44 Family Protection Endorsement in your auto policy for damages above $200,000.
National and international studies have shown that vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities increase when blood alcohol is above 0.05% (50 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood). At .05%, drivers experience reduced coordination, reduced tracking of moving objects, and slower responses to emergency situations as well as difficulties steering.
Chart, Alberta Collision Injuries & Fatalities 2012-2016:
Source: Alberta, Blood alcohol concentration:
Information on how drinking alcohol impacts driving