Edmonton Drunk Driver Accident Lawyer
Written by Joseph A. Nagy
I am Joseph A. Nagy, and I am an experienced drunk driver accident lawyer. In my Edmonton personal injury law practice, I have represented hundreds of injury victims of drunk driver accidents. My firm, Joseph A. Nagy Injury Law specializes in all kinds of injuries from motor vehicle accidents. We serve clients in central and northern Alberta. If you were injured or know of someone injured or killed due to a drunk driver, contact me, Joseph A. Nagy, for help and to obtain specific legal advice early.
I can provide you with the legal advice you need to:
- protect your rights
- be sure the insurance companies treat you fairly
- maximize your recovery.
Call (780) 809-4997 or contact me, Joseph A. Nagy, to discuss the steps I can recommend to ensure you receive fair compensation.
Table of Contents
Request a Free Consultation
Why hire a drunk driver accident lawyer?
- Alberta laws regarding drunk driving
- available compensation if the driver leaves the accident scene
- how to investigate and assess evidence in police reports, eyewitness accounts, etc.
- how to prove fault
- how to get fair compensation from insurance companies.
What happens if a drunk driver leaves the scene of an accident?
- Alberta’s Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Program on claims up to $200,000 (property damage isn’t covered)
- a possible SEF 44 Family Protection Endorsement in your auto policy for damages above $200,000.
What is a dangerous blood alcohol level?
National and international studies have shown that vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities increase when blood alcohol is above 0.05% (50 milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood). At .05%, drivers experience reduced coordination, reduced tracking of moving objects, and slower responses to emergency situations as well as difficulties steering.
Chart, Alberta Collision Injuries & Fatalities 2012-2016:
Source: Alberta, Blood alcohol concentration:
Information on how drinking alcohol impacts driving